Wednesday, April 21, 2010

This Post is Heavily Researched

Hello Dear Readers!


I apologize for not updating in a while, but exciting things have happened in this dino-verse.


I went to a dinosaur exhibit and Philly, and now present my extensive findings to you, exclusively.


First!

Ballers in Dinosaur History!

So these are some folks who researched dinosaurs like a boss.


1) Dr. John Ostrom

In 1969, Ostrom, your new hero, discovered the Deinonyclus. Now, while this may sound like your run of the mill totally awesome discovery of an extinct species that once roamed the earth but now exists only in imprints of its former self, it is in reality so much more.


The build of the Deinonyclus meant indicated that the animal was built for speed and was warm-blooded. Up until this discovery, everybody thought that dinosaurs moved slowly and didn't really get up to much.


Realize what this means.


Without this discovery, dinosaurs would be the lamest things ever. A bunch of giant reptiles moving around slowly whilst eating leaves? BORING.


Dinosaurs running around and chasing other dinosaurs? AWESOME.


This knowledge is the basis behind everything terrifying we know about dinosaurs: that they can chase us, open doors at some very specific times, and generally rule the prehistoric earth.


2) Edward Drinker Cope


My notes on Sir Drinker Cope say "He discovered lots of dinosaurs." Thanks, past me. I don't really feel like looking further into this, since I think my notes say it all. Anybody that discovers lots of dinosaurs is okay by me!

Also, his middle name is drinker. I know I'm repeating myself, but what a boss.


Second!

Fascinating Paleontological Questions Posed by The Exhibit:


"Do you think an Ultrasaurus could play catch? How about T-rex?"


So, I want to say no, but I what if T-rexs are secretly awesome at catch? Like what their arms lack in size they make for in strength with throws?


Sadly, I guess we'll never know now.



Next Post: Fan submissions! AKA things about dinosaurs my friends have posted on my facebook wall.

2 comments:

  1. next update: Dinosaurs-Cthulhu crossover?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If indeed you are going to go with the Dino-Cthulhu crossover, I found a knitted/stuffed Cthulhu doll you could post!

    ReplyDelete