Thursday, April 8, 2010

"Wait, Does Lisa Really Like Dinosaurs or Something?"



This post exists to prove that I can walk the walk, since by now I have talked quite a bit of talk. Here I present to you visual proof that I own quite a bit of dinosaur merchandise.


FIRST!


So this is pretty much my prized posession. I believe that when I'm old and succesful, and my old and succesful friends come over to tour my house or something (this is a thing that happens, I think) I will show them my nice vases, paintings, and my giant stuffed T-Rex. I can guess which one they will be most enchanted by! Unless I have some baller T-rex themed vases, which may well happen.


Here is T-Rex worshipping at the altar of Lady Gaga:



(Side note: This Lady Gaga collage was made for me by my best friend organ, whose birthday is today, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MORGAN)

(Correction: Her name is Morgan, not organ. A commonly made mistake.)


Next up! My dinosaur water bottle! The packaging said this was for, I believe, ages 3 to 8 or so. I reject this way of thinking, since who had an actual water bottle in pre through elementary school? Also, the package and placement of the water bottle in the store indicated that this was meant for boys, since the pink flowery one was for girls, but again, this blog is college Students who love dinosaurs, not college Dudes/bros who love dinosaurs.


(Side note #2: This is useless if you actually need water for athletic activity, the age labeling is maybe kind of accurate? Bring it to all of your athletic events anyway and keep refilling it a million and one times. People will compliment you since it has dinosaurs on it. I know this from hard life experience)


Finally! At Ultimate Frisbee tournaments, often teams will sell their team discs. Occasionally those discs are awesome. This was one such time:



The Disc says "Ruckus" because that's their team's name (University of Vermont), but it also says Ruckus because that is what dinosaurs cause.



And more finally than the last time I said finally, I am going to the Academy of Natural Sciences next weekend for my fan culture final project, expect a post on my extensive findings.


9 comments:

  1. Who is this best friend Organ I keep hearing about. Tell me more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben, come on, you've met Organ a million times, how do you not remember her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you, Lisa! Actually, I have changed my name to Organ because it most accurately represents who I am inside. For similar reasons I also got a tattoo that says "LISA YELSEY IS THE MOST AWESOME LIVING THING ON THE PLANT SINCE THE METEOR KILLED THE DINOSAURS"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Organ, sometimes you make my whole entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I love you. I'm your biggest fan. Can we please go on a Yelsey and Jing and 1 date soon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. *I meant PLANET, not PLANT. Although that could have interesting implications in itself. Which plant? Why where there dinosaurs on it? Tiny dinosaurs? Tell me more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jing! I love you too! And most definitely next week Yelseys+Jing+1.

    Maybe all the pebbles in the world are teeny missiles from space that knocked the mini-dinosaurs off of plants? I see no reason why not!

    ReplyDelete